An Eggless Cake Recipe by AJK
Hello folks, i have a story. A story of watermelon, a story of watermelon rind. Usually maximum people throw the watermelon peel after having watermelon flesh, i was also one of them.
Once upon a time my husband was cutting the watermelon, he put the watermelon flesh in a box and left the peel on the table with the thought that whenever i get free i will throw it in trash box, i always read my husband’s mind????
When i saw the watermelon peels i thought why not make something out of it. Immediately i took those peels and headed towards my kitchen (my battlefield). I fought with them with the help of my knife, while fighting i thought a lot about what to do with them, oh! yes then a moment came when i got an idea sir ji????. I planned to make two dishes out of the peels.
I have a passion for baking so the baker inside me started bouncing and coming out and said listen to me too plz plz …..i could not keep up and listened to it. I planned everything and i wrote the recipes, out of them one is whole wheat watermelon rind cake whose recipe is in this page and the other recipe i will tell you in next story. Then i shared these recipes with my husband and as usual his answer was, you must try…… it would be nice????.
And really my thoughts, my experiment, my recipe, this cake, watermelon rind flavor, husband’s trust, my happiness everything came out sensational.
- 1 cup watermelon rind puree
- 3 to 4 pieces of watermelon flesh
- 1 cup multigrain atta/ whole wheat flour
- 1&1/2 tsp coffee
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp choco chips
- 1 tbsp tutti fruity (optional)
- Separate the green peel and watermelon rind. Cut into small pieces and grind the watermelon rind along with watermelon flesh for the puree.
- Take a mixing bowl add tutti fruity and 1 tsp flour in it and mix together keep aside. Take a 6″ of round or any shaped mould grease it with oil or butter place parchment paper or butter paper in bottom of the mould and keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl add brown sugar, coffee and water beat all together with the help of electric beater for making creamy froth.
- In this froth add oil, watermelon rind puree and mix well. Sieve wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the mixture of watermelon rind puree and coffee then mix them well by cut and fold method.
- Add flour coated tutti fruity and choco chips into the mixture, mix well. Transfer the mixture to the greased cake mould then sprinkle some flour coated tutti fruity, choco chips and brown sugar. Bake the cake on 180° for 30 to 35 minutes.
- After 30 minutes check the cake with help or four fingers, press the cake with very light hand.